Full List of Home Cleaning Supplies, Equipment and PPE
Cleaning can be very stressful but when you have the right cleaning kits, it will save you a whole lot of time and energy. Having a perfectly cleaned home requires using the right cleaning supplies, tools and equipment. We have provided a list of home cleaning kits to help you achieve tremendous results with your home cleaning.
- Soaps & Detergents
- Cleaners: Different cleaners are used depending on the type of surface to be cleaned. They include; glass cleaner, wood cleaner, leather cleaner, tile cleaner etc.
- Bleach: This is used to treat white surfaces such as tiles in order to make them whiter and shine brighter
- Deodorizer: This is vital because it gives a refreshing fragrance to the atmosphere.
- Brushes: Brushes of different textures and sizes are used for different cleaning surfaces and cleaning needs. Brushes could be hard and soft and can be used for specific cleaning needs. Some of them include Toilet Brush, cobweb brush
- Mops and Mop Buckets: Floor mops help clean hard surfaces and they have buckets that holds your soap solution and water. Dust mops help clean out fine dust particles from the floor prior to mopping
- Brooms: These are used to carry out initial clean ups to take out debris all around the home
- Scrubby sponges: These are necessary for surfaces that cannot be easily cleaned by soft towels
- Hand Towels: This is used to wipe surfaces dry
- Scrapper: This is used to scrape dirt that stick to surfaces and cannot be easily removed
- Bin Bag: Waste is gathered and emptied into Bin bags before being discarded appropriately
- Duster: Most dusters are extendible to enable you access heights in the home such as ceilings. It helps with initial dirt removal prior to thorough cleaning
- Vacuum Cleaner: Vacuums are operated on both dry and wet modes. They are used on both hard and soft surfaces such as carpets, floors and upholstery. The beater bars come with different attachments for specific surfaces are detachable to enable you clean tight spaces such as corners and narrow spaces.
- Scrubbing machine: This is mostly used for tougher jobs especially for floors that are very dirty e.g. post construction cleaning
Personal Protective Equipment is very important while cleaning to protect you from any form of harm
- Rubber Hand gloves: Gloves will protect your hands from germs that may be encountered during cleaning, cleaning chemicals that cause skin irritation and sharp edges which could lead to bruises or cuts. Ensure you read through the Material safety data sheet of the cleaning chemicals being used. Do your clients a favour by using biodegradable chemical for cleaning
- Cleaning Apron or Coverall: Water resistant aprons will protect your body from spilled water or cleaning chemicals and keep you dry after cleaning. Ensure that it is water
- Nose masks: This will prevent you from inhaling dust while cleaning
- Foot wear: This will protect your feet from getting hurt as well as prevent you from a fall when you step on a slippery floor (a condition which is inevitable when cleaning involves the use of water)
There are more PPEs which could be used depending on specific cleaning requirement.
The items on this list seem like a lot for individuals to acquire, the exact reason you should give your cleaning to the professionals to help do a great job. They have all these cleaning supplies and are willing to breathe new life into your cluttered and filthy spaces.